Loving Arizona and Missing Hawaii

Friday, September 17, 2010

my new running buddy

i have a new running buddy...

Ethan really wanted to go running with me this morning... he woke up just as I was about to leave. I told him he could come with me after a little bit. So, I went out for a quick run, about 2 and a quarter miles, then came back and got Ethan all suited up to go with me. He wore his little dark grey cotton pants, new plaid tennis shoes and his family reunion t-shirt. When we got outside I asked him where he wanted to run to...

"COST-CO!"

haha

I suggested we run to the fountain... he liked that idea too. So we did.

Then he wanted to run some more... I asked him if he'd like to run to the mailboxes.

And we did.

Then he wanted to run back to the fountain.

Then he wanted to run back to the mailboxes again.

He sounded a little winded so I asked him if he'd like to walk a little.

He said, "Ya, (and a split second later) AND LET'S RACE!"

And he was off again!

After the mailboxes he consented to "racing home."

I was really impressed. We probably ran a total of about a half mile.

When we got home he told me, "I'm a good runner." and "I make lots of good choices and bad choices... That's because I'm a good boy."

I love my new little running buddy!

We need to get some good running shoes for him!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Sounds like you are being a very postitive influence and raising a little runner!

Janet Reeves said...

I like the way you write... reads just like a story! how fun to have your very own running buddy who is available anytime!

Janelle said...

Go Ethan! He is one tough lil' guy!