Loving Arizona and Missing Hawaii

Monday, June 3, 2013

Kids say the funniest things!

So SO much has been happening the last couple of years!  I can't seem to find a second to write about it. Something about having the 4th child... all my leisure and even not so leisure, FLEW OUT THE WINDOW!

Wouldn't it be great to have a window into our children's minds?  I love when the comments they make give me a little glimpse into what's been going on in there!  The other night we were watching videos from the PCC and Ethan commented about a dance from the New Zealand village: Aotearoa, "The guy in the middle looks kinda like...Alma the Younger."  That was a really great, memorable section of our family scripture study.

Then tonight he was telling me why he loves being 5 so much... because E is the 5th letter in the alphabet and there are 5 letters in his name.  I remember when he was so torn up about turning 4 because he wanted to stay 3 for all of his birthdays.  That's probably because he had the coolest Peter Pan 3rd birthday party ever!

I sure love my Ethan!  He may fool you with his All-star skills and dashing charm but he really is quite the gentle heart and sharp thinker! 

1 comment:

Janet Reeves said...

love it! I'm glad to see you're back... I love reading your blog!