Loving Arizona and Missing Hawaii

Friday, April 24, 2009

Baby Boy Reeves coming soon...

Well, I guess no news can be good news.  I had my 35 week appointment today... with 35 more days to go... don't you love when numbers align like that?  

The doctor's orders are "light activity" until 36 weeks.  After 36 weeks he said they won't stop my contractions any longer, but he'd really rather the baby not be born until 37 weeks.  We feel the same way!  We'll have more news in a week and a half when I go to my next appointment... unless our baby boy decides to come sooner!

It sure has been a LONG week since my mom, "Grandma Cattin" flew home.  We miss her!  She was a HUGE help!  I must say, Catherine and Ethan have been absolute angels for me, though, and have made my mothering responsibilities much easier than they might otherwise have been.  

Larry is photographing a wedding this evening, so he wasn't able to come home right after work.  The kids and I sure miss him!  He is my greatest help and support and the kids' best friend!  Catherine didn't even want me to turn her songs on her CD player "until Daddy comes home."

There is a lot scheduled over the next two weeks... most especially: preparing for baby.  But tomorrow we kick it all off with the kids' gymnastic pictures in the morning as a prelude to their upcoming recital on May 16th.  They are very excited!  Check back for gymnastic pictures and highlights of the recital!  

1 comment:

Matti said...

Hey Melanie! Good luck with everything. I am still struggling with 2, so I am impressed you are on to number 3!! But it seems you are such a natural when it comes to being a mom. ;-)

What part of Mesa do you guys live in? My mom just moved there recently. She has been with me the last 5 weeks helping and just went home. How I miss her. She lives by the swap meet and Bahama Bucks. And Island Burgers. You familiar with any of those places?