Loving Arizona and Missing Hawaii

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thanksgiving and a baby!

This year was our first year celebrating Thanksgiving with Larry's side of the family. We had such a wonderful day. The table was beautiful, the food was delicious and the company was priceless. And some of the boys even wrestled...nice one! There was quite a big group even though not all of Larry's immediate siblings were present. During our Thanksgiving feast we took turns going around the table expressing gratitude. Larry and I were the last to share. I expressed my gratitude for Larry, Catherine and Ethan. I am grateful that they are my family. Although there are many friends and hobbies I love investing my time in... my favorite moments are when the 4 of us are together. On Larry's turn he expressed gratitude for our family and for his "wife who has done such a great job through this pregnancy thus far..." It caught everyone off guard but at 14 weeks along, it was such a fun way to announce our baby on the way. We had called my siblings and grandparents to announce to them a couple of days earlier as they were on their way to Southern California to celebrate Thanksgiving with my side of the family. At their Thanksgiving feast up in Lake Arrowhead, my grandfather announced our baby to the rest of our family. It was a very exciting time and even more relieving that I didn't have to try to hide my bulging belly or morning sickness any longer.




1 comment:

Leslie said...

Melanie! Congrats on #3! I can't believe you are going to be a mom of THREE! Wow- time flies!