Loving Arizona and Missing Hawaii

Monday, December 8, 2008

help

o.k. I know not everyone has had the pleasure of meeting my little man, Ethan...but I also know from your stories that there are many more "Ethans" out there....so any wisdom would be more than priceless to me! ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY SANITY!

To be completely honest, Ethan is like 5 Catherines rolled into one. He is the most curious and adventurous little boy I can imagine. He doesn't mean to be destructive, and he really isn't for the most part...though he has left his mark in every room of our house.

I feel like a crazy mom putting up gates, locks on everything and contemplating remodeling part of our house to save my sanity.

My most recent problem areas: the bathroom...shredding toilet paper, turning on the tub water...flushing the toilet (hopefully free of toys or other clogging objects)...climbing up in the pantry...emptying clothes out of drawers...but my latest worry is our computer desk...I worry about him swallowing staples, sucking on permanent markers, or just coloring on everything...

I've tried to keep things out of his reach...but the safest spot to store harmful things is up in our kitchen cabinets and pantry... and we're running out of room for food and dishes!

any wisdom?

5 comments:

Erica said...

I see you are expecting again! Congratulations!!! I'm sorry to say that I don't have much advice with the Ethan ordeal. I've definately been there, done that. We're finally growing out of the "lock-up" stage, wherein I had to lock up every thing from Blake. It definitely wears on your patience sometimes!

Cara said...

Sorry. All I can do is laugh! From experience all I can say is "Boys will be boys!" and we love them anyways! ;-)

chelsea mckell said...

duct tape the child to the couch til he's 18.
:)

CONGRATS on the new baby on the way!! so happy for ya. I seriously want you guys to have at least 20 children since they turn out so dang cute and you guys are such fabulous parents. Yes, 20. Get busy.

Adrienne said...

Hey sis, I totally have days where my sanity is in question though I'm not sure I can blame my children. :) We took a class based on the book Love and Logic. It has been such a blessing in disciplining our children. Time outs work great for our children. Good luck!

Shanae said...

Well, sounds like boys will be boys, Krew is EXACTLY the same way, I can't believe how little boys are so adventurous and destructive, I keep saying Kali never did stuff like this, but after talking to several moms with little boys, it seems to be pretty consistent, that is just how boys are! Sorry, I know that didn't help, just maybe makes you feel better realizing that Ethan is just like every other little boy:)