Loving Arizona and Missing Hawaii

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

melting my heart



I love my kids.  They are the joy of my life.  The other night I was in Catherine's room with her as she was getting ready for bed.  I was just sitting on her bed quietly, smiling at her and admiring her sweetness and innocence and loving her more than I could ever imagine...
She must have noticed my gaze because all of a sudden she paused, leaned her little head to the side, gave me a sweet smile and said, "I love you too...I love you too, Mom."  


Today while Catherine, Ethan and I were sitting at the table having lunch, I looked over at Catherine and said, "I love you Catherine."  To which she replied, "I love you too."  Then I smiled at Ethan and said, "I love you too, Ethan."  He smiled and said "TOO."  

My heart is full of gratitude for my wonderful husband and children.  I can't imagine a greater gift than my family and the love we share.  


3 comments:

Cara said...

I love the picture with you and your children. You are truly blessed.

chelsea mckell said...

Oh Mel... always the sentimental one...
:)
beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

diana palmer said...

that was the cutest story ive heard in a while. catherine is a little model.