Loving Arizona and Missing Hawaii

Friday, June 3, 2011

THREE! it's the magic number!

On our way home from swimming lessons today, Ethan was telling about some guy with horns who was a bad guy with "Dark" Vader as he calls him... but "Dark Vader doesn't have horns..." and then something about cutting off hands... and then he gave him the sword...

I'm thinking to myself... HAS THIS KID SEEN THE MOVIE?!! GREAT! who showed him the movie?? he wouldn't just think those things up on his own... that's too coincidental...

Hey Ethan, have you seen that movie before with Darth Vader?
NO. Just dad's that he showed me on the computer...

and i remember that Larry told me he showed him a scene with the light sabers...
but really, cutting off hands? Great. Thanks, babe.

so i decide to change the subject...


Hey, Ethan! Are you so excited for your batman birthday party?

but I just don't want to be four because I like being three.
Being 4 could be lots of fun, Ethan.
But I just like being a little boy.
Well, you'll still be a little boy when you're four... you won't be as big as Catherine or as me or daddy...
But I just don't want to be 4
Okay, that's fine. you don't have to have a birthday
WELL... (the NOTORIOUS negotiator shines again...)
I just want to have a three again and again and again...
(aka: I still want to party! I just want to celebrate my third birthday over and over again)


E: Let's give them a bear with a 3 on it...
Me: Oh, give your friends an invitation with a 3 on it so that they know you're still three?
E: but they'll say, you can't be 3 still... and I'll tell them, yes I can because I like being 3

So, tell the Stevens when we go there that I'm still 3