Loving Arizona and Missing Hawaii

Sunday, February 27, 2011

TODAY in CHURCH...

I really love our ward. I love that our Primary is so huge. It's always exciting! There's always something to keep us busy and on our toes! Today I presented sharing time. It was a lot of fun. The lesson was on how the commandments help us follow Heavenly Father's plan for us and that brings us happiness. The children had an opportunity to share a commandment they thought of and how that makes us happy. I had chosen several children from the Primary and they were starting to share in the microphone which commandment they had chosen and why it makes them happy to keep that commandment. During the middle of it, Ethan came walking up to the podium. I thought maybe he was just coming up to see me... but it turned out he had something to share, and he shared "go to the temple." It was so sweet. It just melted my heart. He turned to go sit down but I directed him over to get his bean to put it in the jar. I feel like I'm always running out of time during sharing time. My main struggle is that I'm not a very good judge of time and how long something will take, or how much time has passed. I skipped the last half of the sharing time I had planned because I didn't want to cut into singing time (as I often do... feel bad about that). The senior sharing time is always much more productive and I had a better idea of how to get to everything that i wanted to. We were able to get to the part of them making a banner of what they pledge or promise to do as a class to follow Heavenly Father's plan for us. They wrote down several commandments on their banner as a class and then one child from each class brought it to the front to share. I was really touched and inspired to hear them share the commandments that they planned to keep together as a class. I invited them to keep their banners in their binders so that they could remind each other each week of the promise they had made. I'm really grateful for Primary. It inspires me to be better and to be as our Savior invites, "as a little child."

After church while getting ready for lunch, We had an interesting conversation with Ethan... then again, Ethan's conversations are always interesting...

Me:
How was your class today, Ethan?
Ethan:
It was a little...long. Did you see that? You know.
Me:
But did you like your class? Don't you like your teachers?
Ethan:
ya...
Me:
What did you like about it?
Ethan:
Because my teachers were talking nice, not stupid.
Me:
Uh oh.
Ethan:
(little smirk... wanting a reaction)
Catherine:
Why'd you say uh, oh?
Me:
Oh, because Ethan said a word that wasn't very nice.
Catherine:
What word was it?
Ethan:
Stupid, but... (so nonchalant)
(then with conviction) I was saying they were talking nice!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love primary too. I feel the spirit stronger in there than in RS. Something about those sweet tiny spirits. You always do a great job with Sharing Time. :)