Loving Arizona and Missing Hawaii

Monday, July 19, 2010

Ethan Paul

Root for Captain Hook!

My little man may seem like a rough and tough boy through and through.. but he has a very sensitive and tender heart.

He has been crazy about Peter Pan's captain hook for months now. His birthday is next week and he has been planning an adventurous Captain Hook birthday party for months! I keep trying to teach him not to hit as he just itches to "hook and sword" everything and everyone in sight! Today he told me that he doesn't want to be Captain Hook any more because Captain Hook is mean... and for the first time (the "captain hook birthday party" is less than 2 weeks away) I found myself encouraging him to love this evil villain rather than praising him for not wanting to fight any more. sigh. what's a mother to do?

No comments: